Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 8, 1969, In the U.S.A. the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am was introduced…


The Pontiac Firebird Trans Am the epitome of the American muscle car is introduced in 1969, but it took me 9 years to get it together to buy a NEW one…



BUT, just because there was no bird ON the hood, didn't mean there weren't a LOTTA guts under it...
But I did get it! No bird on the hood (I ordered mine without the bird--or a stereo system because the bird was irrelevant

--and I knew what I wanted for a STEREO SYSTEM!!! (Marantz/Pioneer)
400 Cubes and an Air/Gas Suckin' 4-Barell!!!

The sucker MOVED. Gotta remember, this was 1978 and along with all the entertainment stuff, I was runnin' a Fuzz Buster and a CB!!!






Relatively mild lookin' interior ROCKED with cassette and FM with 200+ watts of amplification drivin' Pioneer speakers...

This ride rocked all over Ann Arbor, Michigan with window shakin' action!!! Used to cruise the block at Second Chance until I could score the spot out front...Yeah, that was my black TA with the Panama hat on the package shelf...

Hey, that was a LONG time ago--And I had a LOT of fun; especially since this was the view most folks got out of my TA when it was movin...



But those days are gone and I drive a LeSabre and I've settled down  (MORE OR LESS!!!)--ANYBODY GOT A '78 TA FOR SALE!?!

CHECK OUT TRANS AMs THROUGH THE YEARS...








No comments: